How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/nhasmwu4 by December 28,2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $52,875 – $92,531
$1,000 Signing Bonus!
We’re looking for an Engineer with a passion for photogrammetry to join our team to deliver digital aerial imagery and produce digital geospatial information products used in transportation planning, design, and construction.
In this role, you will:
- Provide basic engineering support in the management and oversight for the planning and production of photogrammetric mapping projects used in the functional design, preliminary design, final design, and construction earthwork pay quantities.
- Lead technical reviews of all tasks involved in the preparation, analysis, and delivery of planimetric and terrain data.
- Provide technical review of all earthwork terrain analysis and earthwork calculations performed on assigned construction projects.
- Conduct routine problem analysis, decision-making, and help ensure we make effective use of our staff and resources.
- Monitor and perform a technical review on other staff performance.
- Establish and define project specifications and parameters on standard projects.
- Perform technical reviews of all Aerotriangulation adjustments for control densification.
- Train and develop Engineering Technicians on the basic aspects of photogrammetric mapping processes, photogrammetric stereo compilation hardware, software, and procedures.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of professional transportation and geomatics engineering used in photogrammetry, remote sensing, GPS surveying, conventional surveying, and GIS related to highway location, design, and construction.
- Experience in the use and operation of photogrammetry and surveying equipment and software.
- Experience generating, reviewing, and analyzing geospatial data products, Aerotriangulation Reports, and Airborne Surveys Reports to ensure compliance with NCDOT guidelines and standards.
- Experience with basic problem analysis and problem solving in math and sciences associated with transportation and/or mapping.
- Demonstrated ability to perceive overlapping aerial imagery stereoscopically in 3 dimensions and interpret planimetric and terrain features.
- Skills to read and review all photogrammetric mapping and construction earthwork project assignments and maintain detailed records.
- Communication skills to convey technical specifications and parameters to staff.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Geomatics.
- You may be required to register as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Kayren Williamson at 919-707-7092.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs