*Maximus is currently offering at $10,000 retention bonus paid over three (3) equal installments within the first 12 months of your employment. Ask your Recruiter for more details. Terms and conditions apply.
Maximus is currently hiring Part Time Lead Nurse Practitioners & Physical Assistants! This position supports the statewide Independent Practitioner Panel (IPP) that issues practitioner’s orders for individuals who have undergone a Community Health Assessment and are eligible for community-based long-term care services and supports. The incumbent precepts new clinicians who will review the completed Community Health Assessment tool, evaluate the consumer, and issue a practitioner’s order. This clinical evaluation is conducted through a Telehealth modality or through face-to-face interaction with the consumer.
This position will require routine (60%) local & regional travel.
What you will receive:
- $10,000 retention bonus*
- Competitive health and retirement benefits
- Flexible scheduling, including part time opportunities
- Opportunity to work at home and in the field conducting assessments
- Responsible for conducting clinical appointments and precepting new clinicians
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes pertaining to quality and validity of assessments
- Assess cases presented and utilizes clinical competencies to review and validate assessment outcomes
- Work collaboratively with manager to identify areas for improvement with process and quality of care
- Suggest training needs for assigned unit staff
- Provide technical assistance to assigned unit staff
- Support Company and project initiatives through various methods including messaging to the unit, leading assigned projects, training staff, participating in work groups, etc.
- Participate in performance, improvement, and quality assurance activities and related meetings
- Provide clinical and educational support to meet program goals
- Meet all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
- Two (2) or more years practicing experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- At least one (1) year of experience in training, precepting, acting as a clinical advisor, providing unit support, working in the field independently/successfully
- Master’s Degree from a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program required, preferred specialties can include Internal Medicine, Adult Health, Community Health, Family Practice, Psychiatry
- Preferred work experience with the adult/geriatric populations; home care experience, experience working with individuals with physical or developmental disabilities
- Required ability to travel throughout assigned region, up to 60%
- New York State Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license
Home Office Requirements:
- Maximus provides company-issued computer equipment
- Reliable high-speed internet service
- Minimum 20 Mpbs download speeds/50 Mpbs for shared internet connectivity
- Minimum 5 Mpbs upload speeds